Blogger: My Inward Eye..... - Create post

LinkWithin

http://kundha.blogspot.com http://prajaktad.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 10, 2011

SUMMER TIME


I love to go awandering along the mountain track and as I go I love to sing my knapsack on my back……………….

Val-da-ree val-da-raa……..

The above scouts song we used to sing in schooldays. What fun we had while trekking ,at picnics . Gone are the days when my heart was young and full of spirit.

I know, now I am not that young but my heart is ever green ever young and my memories are fresh and fragrant as this morning breeze of Summer. My morning walks to the Temple below the hilltop is ever energizing. Specially the great neem trees are blooming with flowers. Gifting the passerby with their ephemeral scent. I love to hum the song while the bells chime in rhythm.

The calm golden rays of the new born sun evokes a spiritual bond . I greet the Sun God with folded hands. I know we(all) the creation has an inkling a bondage with him. Living or non living all have been created from him and unto him. I hum… “All things bright and beautiful all creatures great and small… all things wise and wonderful the lord God made them all..”

The lovely dainty flowers every where be it in my balcony earthenpots or roadside trees have sprouted their heads in sprightly dance. Wordsworth was evoked by the lovely daffodles..my heart too is dancing in glee .in the jocund company of Summer Flowers.

I reminisce my childhood..the summer vacations..specially the afternoons in the mangrove. We pelted stones on the green unripe mangoes. The cherries lurching in the ventilators..the plucking of strawberries in the backyard. All so mischevious ventures.. what was the song of then those famed songs in everyones lips..

Stawberries cherries and the angels kissing spring,

My summer wine is really made of all these things..

Take off your silver spurs and help me pass the time …

And I will give to you…Summer Wine.. O Summer Wine..(Nancy Sinatra)

Our college campus too is in full bloom. The greenery of the nursery is worth seeing . The different species of all kinds of plants … the lovely roses have earned trophies in the contest. Imagine our independent cottages..built at the time of britishers are blooming with trees .. to name a few the lime, custard apple, berries,tamarind plums,mangoes pears the drumsticks etc Our ancestors the monkeys (primates) are in huge numbers to relish the new ripe mangoes. At time they do not knock the back.door of your kitchen and elope with the container of chapattis. Their infants clung to their stomach bracing the hazardous leaps of their mothers. .From one destination to another leaping on trees and terraces in search of food and shelter.

One such summer walk I saw a cow writhing in pain. She had fallen in the canal dug for drainages. No one heard her cry and those who saw her simply ignored. I felt pain in my heart. In spite of our eyes we turn a blind eye, inspite of our ears we turn a deaf ear towards these living beings. We have no sympathy for the animals…I contacted some people and found her owner. It was a herculean task to drag the poor thing out safely. She was bruised and bled profusely. That night I slept soundly,cause I had done a good job of helping save a life indeed. We worship, read avidly the tales make use of them. But when it comes to looking after them we refrain. Our own existence in this beautiful Earth is correlated with plants and animals both. ..The flora and fauna are a part and parcel of our life our sojourn on Earth.


The above article got published in The Hitavada Dt.14/4/2011

No comments: