Blogger: My Inward Eye..... - Create post

LinkWithin

http://kundha.blogspot.com http://prajaktad.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

RESEARCH ON WOMAN


It was a hot summer day…. After my walk to the temple early morning back home I sat to read my marathi daily loksatta.. with every sip I devoured the morning news.. I read about an article regarding STEM CELL.. DR. Satish Patki from Kolhapur has discovered the stem cells in the reproductive organs of female… These cells are also found in the monthly (menstrual blood secretion). My daughters friend recently delivered baby and preserved the childs placenta( umbilical chord) in nitrogen.. .cause these stem cells are also found in it.
Much research is going on to locate these cells..The Medical researchers believe that these stem cells can be grown and transformed into specialized cells.. these cells can change the disease cells and therefore the disease can be cured. Cancer, Diabetes Parkinsons disease spinalchord injuries etc can be cured..

Women otherwise was kept at distance while undergoing this phase of M.C.. She was regarded impure and the aged generations did not allow them to cook or enter the kitchen or touch holy things... Years back I remember my young daughter debated on this subject ..Its so natural process why do women get treated as impure and outcast in those days of menstrual cycle.. .

Nature around us is multiplying the animal kingdom too with this process of regeneration and reproduction.. I think giving birth means giving life to this kingdom.. the women is endowed with the power of giving birth her body its functions is the most sacred..
They should be treated with grace. On the contrary they are treated as weaker race in our land

I reminiscence one of my neighbour whose mother in law was an orthodox person. My friend, during M.C she had to sleep on a mat(dari) and was not allowed to touch anyone.. the feeling of untouchable..treatment was worse. when. she could not take her young children close to her.. The grandmother pushed them (kids)away if they touched their mother..
Years later the old woman got ill and paralysed.. she had to depend on servants then.. on contacting one or their relatives spoke about the vengeance my friend took by not keeping the old lady with her ..the memories of the past treatment to her could not be forgotton or forgiven.

.With the latest research of Stem Cells women have no doubt proved their supremacy..!!!

No comments: